Shoe Store Aids Group of Women in Need
Carol Cornachini, owner of Branhaven’s Plaza Shoetique, worked with a group from BHcare, which is an organization assisting people who are mentally ill or struggling with substance or domestic abuse. BHcare bridges that gap by providing them with shoe-fitting and new footwear services. “We serve our customers the old fashioned way,” Cornachini says, “we take care of them. We want them to feel taken care of. We want them to walk out of here happy customers and come back happy customers.”
The mother of two descends from a lineage of shopkeepers and works as a school-nurse during the regular school year. The group of women exchanged hugs and smiles with the staff, stating they had never ‘felt so special’ or having worn a nicer pair of shoes. Cornachini has engaged in these acts of kindness for years, adding a personal touch to her customer service and business.
Wearing properly fitted exercise shoes can serve to prevent injuries and adverse conditions to your legs and feet. Dr. Greg Khaimov of Foot and Ankle Center of Fort Lee, LLC can help size your feet and provide recommendations on the best exercise footwear for your feet so they remain healthy and can provide care should you develop any foot problems.
Getting the Right Shoe Size
There are many people that wear shoes that are ill-fitting, which affects their feet and posture. Selecting the right shoes is not a difficult process so long as you keep several things in mind when it comes to selecting the right pair.
· When visiting the shoe store, use the tools available to measure your foot
· When measuring your foot with your shoe on, add 1-2 inches to the size
· Be sure there is ‘wiggle room’. There should be about an inch between your toes and the tip of your shoes
· Do not always assume you are the same size, as manufacturers run differently
· Purchase shoes later in the day as your feet swell as the day progresses
· If a shoe is not comfortable, it is not suitable. Most shoes can’t be ‘broken in’, and comfort should be the ultimate goal when it comes to choosing the right pair of shoes
As our feet hold our body weight and keep us moving, it is important to treat your feet right by choosing the right pair of shoes that can provide them comfort and mobility with minimal pain.
Read the full article on Choosing the Right Shoe Size.